Saturday, April 11, 2009

Reprieve?

I got a hint of hope following my doctor's appointment yesterday. The doctor had me bend, twist and extend my leg and ankle for a good 15 minutes before he sat me down and leveled with me. There appears to be no indication of any serious injury. The problem appears to involve a pretty strong case of muscle/tendon/ligament exhaustion. What I need to do right now is to get off the bike for a while and have enough time to relax the muscles. Here's his take on the whole thing:



While this gave me some hope I can't help but despair when I look at the calendar. At this point, I have come up with the following strategy:

Week 1= stay off the bike completely.

Week 2= get back on the bike and start training, adding miles gradually.

Week 3= if I still feel strong and there is no real sign of pain get daily mileage up to 20-30 miles.

Week 4= if I still feel good, get on the road immediately.

I truly hope this works. If it doesn't, what's the worst that could happen? Well, I would just have to postpone this trip till next year. In the meantime, there are plenty of other wonderful adventures left on my list. In the end, the sky will always be my limit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Green City News | Proudly Powered by Blogger