Thursday, October 29, 2009

Jack Has a Job


[image:blog.usa.gov/roller/govgab/resource/images]

Jack has a job.

ALL I CAN SAY
At this point, all I can say is that (1) this job is, in fact, in the non-profit sector; (2) the organization in question is flexible enough to allow me to work while I do some of my long-term bike trips; and (3) it is a position that I was offered by a regular reader of this blog.

That last point is key. Not sure I want to have a repeat of what happened during my firm's Christmas party last year. :)

BOTTOM LINE
The bottom line is that I'm pretty excited about this. What's just soooo awesome is that this is the very first time in my working life that I am choosing a job just because I like what I will be doing. Money, status, “career advancement,” etc...went out the window a while ago. All that matters is that I am doing something that reflects my values and adds to my long-term happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Green City News | Proudly Powered by Blogger