Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Country Music is the Real Deal

For those of you who are not in the know, the Grand Ole Opry, located in Nashville, Tennessee, is the soul of country music and still broadcasts the longest running radio show in the history of the medium. This was reason enough for us to pay that place a visit.

And you know what? For someone whose only experience with mainstream country music was watching a loser with a mullet sing “Achy Breaky Heart,” going to the Grand Ole Opry was nothing less than a revelation. How could I have completely discounted a whole genre of music for so long? What an effin’ crime! Seriously. Going in I figured I could probably groove to some of that blue grass stuff (which I've always sort of liked) and maybe some of that old-timey stuff ala Jonny Cash. But I actually enjoyed pretty much every act on stage. Maybe it was the booze and/or the caramel corn but I tell ya, this was truly music heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Green City News | Proudly Powered by Blogger