Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Has the Road Actually Become Revolutionary?


Has anyone seen this flick? It is based on the Richard Yates novel of the same name and stars Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio. I saw the preview yesterday and it really captured my attention. Here it is:

Revolutionary Road Trailer

The plot involves a married couple who start a family, buy a house in the burbs, and set about to actively embrace the American dream, until they realize that their possessions and their lifestyle are preventing them from living the kind of life they had always desired.

I realize that movies critical of American suburbia, consumerism, post-materialism, etc…have been done before but I can’t help but feel that I am actually witnessing concrete evidence of simple living values in our mass culture. Or maybe not. Maybe I am just seeing what I want to see.

Would definitely appreciate some concrete movie reviews. Also, can anyone point me to similar movies that have come out recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Green City News | Proudly Powered by Blogger