Thursday, January 15, 2009

Follow Your Dreams Part II

No matter what I say, no matter what I do, and no matter how much I try to ignore it, I can never quite get beyond THIS ONE POST. This thing has taken a life of its own, to a point that I don’t think I really own it any more. Law firm haters have held their own burning parties. Law firm lovers have been as baffled as they have been amused. Education advocates are perpetually shocked and saddened by the desecration of something they see as precious.

As for me, I’m still a bit confused by all the attention. What’s so controversial/rebellious about burning a piece of paper I had forgotten somewhere in my closet all of these years when I can just order another one just like it next week?

In the end, there is something fundamentally wrong with the legal profession in the United States when, after a year of hearing about the ills of collaterized debt obligations and sub-prime mortgages, and the collapse of venerable Wall Street firms, little ol’ Jack’s amateurish, yet well-meaning attempt at simplifying his life further turned out to be the:

SECOND MOST IMPORTANT LEGAL STORY OF 2008.

On the other hand, if watching a piece of paper go up in flames while listening to some Jane’s Addiction in the background is up your alley, who am I to criticize?

So, by popular demand, I've reposted THE YOUTUBE VERSION OF THE PYRO VIDEO for your own enjoyment/amusement/anger inducement.

[Note that YouTube, in all its legal copyright wisdom, has decided to silence the background song by Jane's Addiction. If you want to view the original video with full music accompaniment, you can always access it via Facebook (via the Voluntary Simplicity Jack account).


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Green City News | Proudly Powered by Blogger